The Birth of Moksha Food

Hi there,

Welcome to MokshaFood!


I am a wife and mom for whom cooking is a necessity and pleasure. Having been in a creative profession, my stay at home status after being blessed with motherhood needed some release. My kitchen then became my blank canvas to get my creative juices flowing. My family loves a variety in their daily meals and supported my efforts. My dear daughter  crowned me the "best chefer cooker in the world!" LOL :)

My tryst with allergies started in 2011 when my daughter got diagnosed with food allergies - wheat, eggs and corn. Suddenly cooking became a challenge. Having a child that loves variety in her food but sensitive to changes added to my struggle. I spend hours scouting the internet for recipes and a crazy time in my kitchen experimenting. I wanted to give her a normal childhood where she could enjoy every kind of food with some twists.

Fast forward to 2014, I was diagnosed with severe Gastrointestinal issues making it difficult for me to have wheat products. So eventually we shifted to being gluten free as a family.

There are lots of gluten free websites out there so why did I need to add one more. With so many gluten free options in continental food, I found very few Indian gluten free recipes. So Moksha Foods was created to share gluten free Indian food with you.

Moksha literally means Liberation or freedom in Sanskrit. These recipes shared here are free of gluten, egg and corn. Hope you find them exciting enough to try and enjoy these recipes.
This blog is a compilation of my experiments, failures and successes cooking allergen free food which is healthy and delicious. I have also shared my experiences, tips and suggestions which will benefit those struggling with food allergies.

I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.


Warm Wishes and Happy Cooking!

Swati


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Kheema

Gluten Free Chapati/Sorghum Flatbread

Gluten Free Upma